Sunday, April 10, 2011

Relay for life--- bunch of litterers.

What is that? theres something in the back yard.

     Tonight I let the dog out to go pee, and I noticed Ellie(the dog) wouldn't go near the other side of our yard. Well, since I have no light on that side of the back yard I now tried to scope it out. It  had reflective parts that looked like eyes and moved. I mowed the grass yesterday before the freak storm and knew there should be nothing that I left in the yard.............So I now think I have some kind of animal in my yard.
     I went to go get a flashlight, in which being the tech savvy person I am, I HAVE NO FLASHLIGHTS!!! ( I screamed to my self quietly under my breath) you'dve( southern for you would have) done this too in my predicament. In the south we try to group as many words as possible into one word. Kinda like when my dad would say giidyyonoverhere. It meant get your butt over here so I can give you a spankin'. I should that whilst (what 2 words make the world whilst?) my dad was too lazy to actually say all of those words in a sentence, he was not too lazy to give me a spanking.
      So there I was, no flashlights with a possible animal in my yard, a dog who wouldn't come in and its pitch black out there except for the reflection on whatever was out there that looked like eyes.
I dug through my tool box and found a stick up light which worked enough to see the object but still couldnt tell what it was. So I threw tennis balls at it. Btw this works for anything where you want to know if its dead or alive. (thats a special life tip for ya compliments of moi) So when it didnt move I jumped through the window to outside and picked it up......look what I found.
 Yes, balloons had been released for some relay for life event and had found its landing spot in my back yard. I think that relay for life should be where you release balloons and then you run to where they land and pick them up. That way you still get the few miles of running in and your organization wont be dropping balloon droppings all over peoples yards. :)

 
   

1 comment:

  1. LOL I could picture the whole scenario! Go buy some flashlights or lanterns! Did Oklahoma weather not teach you anything. One night out here in our new house the whole neighborhood went dark. We were the only people on our street that had flashlights and lanterns. Glad it wasn't a killer racoon or squirrel.

    ReplyDelete